Thursday, October 2, 2008

Retakes....Definately

Joshua brought home his school pictures yesterday afternoon. I was shocked when he handed them to me, they were actually......GREAT! I thought to myself for a very long time about how good they had turned out. It is a much different process now than when I was a kid. You can pick your background color and your pose. Preparing for the worst, we picked a nice shirt with some blue pinstripes and the blue background with a normal pose. With boys there is no need to spend all night fussing over their hair and stuff like that like we did when we were kids. That morning I sent him out the door to have his 6th grade school pictures taken that are, by all rules of nature, supposed to be horrible. Isn't that right? It is like an unwritten right of passage that all of your school pictures, right up till your JR yr of high school are supposed to be awful. That way your senior pictures, as you go into the big, bright world, are fabulous. It's planned that way so when they bring home friends and prospective mates later in life, you can embarass them to death by pulling out the school pictures. I really feel like I got ripped off here! So on that note, we will be doing picture retakes....I need a full arsenal of bad pictures for when he is older!

Enjoy! And no, I'm not REALLY going to make him do retakes....but I do think I got ripped off!

Love Ya!

4 comments:

lindsee said...

they look great. he is a really cute boy!

Janae' said...

You are too funny..

Veda said...

He looks great! You are going to have a heartbreaker on your hands! I always hated my pictures from school.

Lori said...

It's because we had sadistic photographers. You know, the ones who would, "Say cheese" as you're holding your practiced smile pose. Then when you wouldn't move... so they would more forcefully command, "Say cheese!". So finally reluctantly you'd try, "Ch-- {{snap}}"... Crap, retakes.