Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hormone Update

I did it! I am a warrior mom as Oprah would say! I am the type of person that if I decide I'm going to have something, I don't care who tells me no, I WILL make it happen. You can call it stubborness, bull-headedness, or just plain spite...it is something I have had all my life. Although...it didn't work to well for me when I was a teenager...hehe! That was for you mom! Anyway...I was updating my mom on the situation after my post, and she suggested to me that I should call the compounding pharmacies in Conway (these are the pharmacies that have the hormone treatments I am looking for) and ask them which Dr's in Conway send prescriptions in to them for the stuff I want, and then call that Dr. I don't care how old you get...your mom is always smarter than you are. :) So I did it. One of the Dr's at Conway Womens' was the one who told me no, and do you know the the doctor she suggested? Conway Womens'! So I had her give the name of the specific doctor(s) that they work the closest with. The answer was TJ Moix, or Heather White. So I made an appointment with TJ. I saw her yesterday morning. We talked for a long time about what I had already been through, and she was VERY knowledgable about PCOS. She knew the frustrations of having your labs come back "normal" but being a complete hormonal mess. She asked me if I wanted to have another baby. My initial reaction was no, because in my head a baby=fertility treatment, and I am not ready for that right now. So she said that I should be on some form of birth control to prevent pregnancy. That is SO NOT what I meant! The idea of NATURALLY getting pregnant hadn't even occured to me. I had to explain to her that if I happened to get pregnant on my own that would be the coolest thing that ever happened to me...I just wasn't ready for fertility treatment right now. So since I don't care about getting pregnant, it opened up a whole different way to treat my PCOS, including the progesterone cream I wanted in the first place. The progesterone cream was just a tiny portion of the conversation we had about my treatment plan. She was wonderful!! An answer to my prayers. So I am I my way, down a treatment road I have never been down before with a doctor who is ready to go to battle for me. I have never had that before in the 15 years I have been battling my problem. I am truly grateful to my Heavenly Father for answering my prayers, hearing the desire in my heart for something different, guiding me to the right doctor and giving me the determination to make it happen. I am hopful that this is a new beginning for me. I'll keep you updated!

3 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

That's awesome for you!!!! I agree with you, mom's just know the right things to say, they are so smart.

Veda said...

I am glad everything seemed to fall in place. I see Heather and really like her! Good luck!

lindsee said...

Im happy for you..I hope everything goes good. I love your family picture!