8 years ago
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Halloween....Schmalloween!!
It is pretty safe to say that Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. I don't like costumes. They are so much hassle and expense for one dumb night. Case in point. I went to Wal-Mart yesterday. I got a few groceries (like 10 small items), candy for the ward party, decorations for my trunk (for the trunk or treat), and some final small things for the kids' costumes (we had bought the costumes in a different transaction) and I spent $127!! I have determined that it would be a much better deal for me if I just take my kids to Wal-Mart and let them each spend $20 on candy and forget all of this nonsense. I would come out WAY ahead of the game! I know what you are all thinking. How much fun would that be? And your right. There is something really cute about dressing up the kids when they are little. Not so much fun when they are Josh's age. One minute it is one thing with an investment of $30, then he wants to switch to something different with an additional investment of $20. All for $5 worth of candy! OK...I think I am done now...time to put on my happy face and talk about pumpkin carving. This is one part of Halloween I do like. This year we printed some patterns off the internet. Josh did the Frankenstein face, Neely wanted the ghost (I carved it), and I did the spider. I have to say they turned out pretty good...even if most of my spider's legs are broken! We had a great time! Carving pumpkins in Arkansas is a lot more fun than Colorado. We did it outside, and it wasn't even cold! It was actually warm inside the pumpkin....that is a far cry from fingers throbbing from the cold inside a cold Colorado pumpkin! When I was a kid, most Halloween nights were spent in your coat and boots. I'm serious! My memories of trick or treating are freezing! It was always snowing, or there was snow on the ground, or it was below 30 degrees. No wonder I don't like Halloween! I've been emotionally scarred by cold weather!


Joshua had to paint his, he said it would look scarier that way.

This is me being sad because all my legs broke!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
you are too funny! I loved this post it made me laugh! I can't believe that you spent that much money on halloween junk! Brock loved the treats that you put in his bag he ate every single teddy graham! It was fun seeing you at the trunk r treat! If it makes you feel any better we gave out all of our candy at trunk r treat first and then we went around to collect candy and nobody would give brock any! They just kept saying "what a cute baby" and sent us on our way! Joe was mad--he wanted to eat the candy!
You have such a great sense of humor. I am glad you made it to the trunk or treat. It was great to see you....even if it was a fly by hello. I love the pumpkins. They look great!
Great looking pumpkins. Your kids will now have good memories of a warm Arkansas Halloween with awesome lookin pumpkins. I remember cold Halloween's in Utah (not so much fun). I enjoy your blog
Post a Comment