Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Day Together as a Family.......Priceless.

This weekend we were blessed to have JC home the whole weekend. I was supposed to go to Oklahoma to see my sister's new baby but I caught Neely's cold, so we stayed home. By Saturday afternoon I was feeling a little better, and since Joshua didn't have a football game for the first time in a long time, we found ourselves with a free afternoon. We LOVE the movie Madagascar! We have been anticipating the new one since we saw the trailer for it months ago. I tried to take Neely to see Kung Fu Panda and she made it through the trailers and about 15 minutes of the movie, so I had sworn them off till she was a little older. Since that was about 6 months ago, I thought we might be able to try it again. So Saturday afternoon we packed up and went to lunch and a movie. I love BBQ, and my favorite place is Famous Daves in Little Rock. It is the yummiest! (It probably would have tasted even better if I could breath through my nose!) After lunch we went over to the Chenal Parkway theaters. If you aren't aware, these are the new theaters that have the huge IMAX screen. We went to see the 2:30 matinee. We would go see movies in Colorado on the IMAX screen and it was always the same price as any other screen in the theater, you just had to luck out and hope they were playing the movie you wanted to see on the big screen. Well, we were standing in line and I caught a glimpse of the conversation going on in front of me and heard the teller tell the man that his total was thirty something dollars for the 3 tickets he had just purchased. I got that shocked look on my face and asked the guy if I had heard right. (It would have been too easy, and not had nearly the effect if I had just looked at the price board) Sure enough, I had heard right. Matinee price for the IMAX theater, adult or child is $11. Are you serious?!?! But there we were, in line, Neely was stoked, we were excited....what do you do?? You pay $44 to see a matinee movie...that's what you do. We had a ball, and Neely sat mesmorized through the whole thing. So Madagascar 2 is her first official movie at 3 yrs 3 months. And I now have this beautiful Mastercard commercial.
Lunch at Famous Daves $46

Movie at IMAX Theater $44

Snacks at the theater $25

Afternoon together as a family......priceless.

3 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

How fun!!! I can't wait until Baylee is at the age where we can take her to a movie like that.

lindsee said...

so are all the movies there $11.00? we wanted to go see high school musical 3.

Martindale News said...

Wow those are some steep prices... but like you said it is priceless to at least be together. You won't remember the price in a few months but you will remember the memories!