Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a great Christmas! After stressing about if JC would be off, they let him off for 1/2 day Christmas Eve and all the way through the weekend. It was FABULOUS! It was the best Christmas present I could have gotten. It was also wonderful for Neely and Josh to have him around. They miss him as much as I do. Our Christmas was split this year. Brandon had Joshua for Christmas Eve so Santa came early Christmas morning for Neely and then we went and got Josh and then came home and finished. The kids get to open one present on Christmas Eve each year...new pajamas. Here is Neely with hers on, and the "magic wand of power" as she calls it, that came with them. Neely had been telling everyone she could that Santa was bringing her a new kitchen and a doctor kit this year. And sure enough....what did he bring?? Santa is just that good around here!After we went and got Josh, we came home and opened the rest of our presents. For the last couple of years, Josh has "told us" what he wants for Christmas. I don't like it, and things are going to change because he never gets any suprises...but I think we came up with a few this year despite "the list". Neely got lots of accessories for her kitchen, a new dolly and stroller and lots of girly things. Josh has been asking for an electric guitar forever. I told him that he had to learn how to read music and play and acoustic guitar first...so the dream had died with about 2 piano lessons. Then, my mom calls one day and asks if we want to go in with her to get him one because she didn't know what else to get him and she knew he was dying to have one.....so....Josh got his guitar. He also wanted a ripstik. It is a skateboard on only 2 wheels. He has a lot of fun on it, but it has given him a couple of good falls. I think he is rethinking the statement that he is too old for pads. By the way....those are Josh's pajamas on him in the pictures...glow in the dark rocket jammies with feet! Mom's can be so cruel sometimes! HEHE!

7 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

i love those jammies that you got him....i didn't know they made them for boys his age! I would definitely break my neck on that skateboard thing! Glad ya'll had a good Christmas!

Janae' said...

That is one amazing Kitchen!! I have never seen one like that. I am glad you are blogging again. I am working on my 2008 blog book right now. I love it..

Learning United said...

Those jammies are so adorable! I am glad you had a great Christmas! Hope you enjoyed the cd.

Veda said...

The comment from Cade was actually from me.

lindsee said...

I loved all of your blogs that you havent been posting until now...looks like you guys had a good christmas..

Martindale News said...

cute kids! I sat next to your son on Sunday when he was sustained, he was so proud. The picture of your daughter in front of the tree looks like a Christmas postcard. Glad to see you had a good Christmas

The Giffords said...

Wow what a cool kitchen. Merry Christmas.