8 years ago
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Our Newest Addition
I have always loved BIG dogs...but was never brave enough to get one. Then this fall I was at Joshua's football game and one of the other football mom's on Joshua's team was there and she had a BEAUTIFUL Great Dane with her. I started talking to her and she started telling me that she breeds them and all about what a great dog they are. This got me thinking about it. She breeds "European" Great Danes...which translates into $2000-$3000 a piece in my language...so I knew I wouldn't be able to afford one of hers, so I started looking. THEN...I saw on Jen's blog about their new Great Dane puppy...and that sealed the deal..I had to have one. I have done lots of research and looked at LOTS of breeders and decided on a woman in Dexter, MO. Her website impressed me right away because even though she is a breeder, she is extra good with her dogs as well as her puppies. She had a female bred that was due on New Year's Eve, so we put a deposit down on a puppy at the beginning of November. She called on Tuesday morning and told me the puppies had been born. We were the second deposit, so we had second choice of the litter. As I looked through the puppies...I knew right away which one I wanted...and luckily it wasn't the same one as the first pick people. Here he is...our new little boy....now we just have to think of a name...if you have suggiestions I'm all ears! He will be ready for us to pick up around the end of February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
exciting! We will have to get our pups together as soon as yours grows a little. I was watching a show the other day and the man had a dane and it's name was Harley and I thought that was cute. I also like Hercules or Rigby. you definitely want a strong name because he's going to be a big boy! Congrats!
Congratulations, the puppy is so cute!
Post a Comment