Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Little Fishy

Neely has been taking swimming lessons at the health club we joined recently. She absolutly loves it! I have not had to beg her to go once....which is a lot different than gymnastics. She also really enjoys spending time in the nursery while I workout which has been a huge blessing for me. It is much easier to do the things I need to, to get my health around when I know that she is enjoying her time. The only drawback has been that by being in the nursery, she has been exposed to a whole new set of germs. In the last 3 weeks we have had a yucky nose and the throw-ups, but I figure she probably has to build up some immunity and then things will be better.....hopefully. She has also been able to go swimming with daddy a couple of times while mom works out and that is a real treat. He gives her a real workout. He puts her arms around these little bar-bell things the women use for aquacise and then she kicks herself all over the pool...and then ALWAYS falls asleep on the way home. :) Since Joshua is over 12 he has free reign of the basketball courts and raquetball courts. He is allowed to do that unsupervised while I work out. He has really taken a liking to raquetball. There are a couple of older gentlemen there almost every time we are that take the time to play with him and teach him things. He is really enjoying it. He and I have also started doing some strength training which is fun to do together. Joshua always cracks up the other patrons by kissing his bicepts when he is finished. I'll have to get a picture of that one of these days. The club has been a huge blessing in my quest to get myself and my family living a healthier lifestyle....now if I could only get Joshua as excited about eating better....oh well, one step at a time!




1 comment:

lindsee said...

That is so fun my boys loved swim lessons. Im glad that you are getting a chance to have a few minutes to workout to yourself, those are minutes that I treasure.